Friday, July 1, 2011

Savouring Malaysian Fare with Jamie

Jamie suggested lunching at Old Town White Coffee today. :) Old Town White Coffee serves local Malaysian fare. It's my first visit & I was surprised by the array of food & drinks the place has to offer. There were so many things we wanted to try and so we went easy on the mains.

The staff lacked common sense, serving our dessert first... : I So we had dessert before our mains. The ice cream toast was delightful. :) It isn't too sweet & complemented with the toast well. The peanut butter toast was alright. I much prefer Toast Box's thick peanut butter toast. :)





















I wasn't awed by the curry mee. It came with a drumstick, taupok and some fishcakes, no potatoes and not much coconut in the gravy. I actually prefer my curry noodles with chicken drumsticks, fishcakes, potato & more coconut in the gravy, the Singapore style.

Jamie would probably give the dried mee siam a high score if it was served with chicken breast meat. :))) A pity there wasn't such option.





















We were too stuffed to have coffee or milk tea, settling for ice honey lemon instead. :) Perfect! :D

I enjoy such afternoon outings with gfs, even if we didn't do much. *.*




























Details of Old Town White Coffee:
902 East Coast Parkway
#01-08/09 Blk B
Playground @ Big Splash
T: +65 6344 4404

No comments:

Post a Comment