Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kimchi Jigae, The Way We Like It ;)

I'm not a fantastic cook. :) And I'm happy there are certain dishes I cooked that Lin really likes. One of them , Kimchi Jigae. ;) I got the recipe from the Internet years ago, but have simplified it over time. :)

The original recipe calls for stir-frying of pork with sesame oil, chilli paste and garlic as the first step. I on the other hand, prefer to add the pork slices last. This is because I use pork belly shabu shabu. We like our Kimchi Jigae with lots of ingredients. :D

Lin requested Kimchi Jigae for dinner last evening. ;) And so I cooked a pot for our mom, dad & gfs.




























Ingredients (serves 6-8):
1.2kg kimchi
1 radish
1 green onion
1 leek
400g of enoki mushrooms
Shabu shabu pork belly
Sausages
Luncheon meat
2 blocks of silken tofu
1 tablespoon Korean chilli paste (you may add more if you like the extra kick)
1/2 tablespoon Korean chilli powder (you may adjust to suit your threshold for spiciness)
1 garlic (minced)
A dash of pepper
2 teaspoon of soy sauce
5 cups of water













The 3 essentials. ;)



I dumped alot of radish into our Kimchi Jigae so that Lin could eat till her heart's content! :)













I love tofus. So it's a must have have my Kimchi Jigae. :)













In a pot, bring the kimchi with its liquid, green onion, leek, garlic, radish & water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the Korean chilli paste, powder, soy sauce & pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer. Add the enoki. Once the radish is soften, add the sausages, luncheon meat and tofu. Lastly, add the pork belly shabu shabu. Be careful not to overcook the pork belly. Keeping all ingredients in the pot, serve the pork belly seperately.

Serve the Kimchi Jigae over steamed rice or Korean ramen. A complete meal is done. ;) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment