Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tea - 3,302.91 Miles Away

I'm dreaming of having tea...the place...3,302.91 miles away from Singapore. : O Pierre Herme Tokyo is our all time fav place for tea. We have yet to find one place in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, London and even Paris that can match up to it. Funny to be saying this given that Pierre Herme originates from Paris. Perhaps it's the Japanese's impeccable service standard, the fabulous PH's cakes and macarons and the cherry blossoms that made our tea session exceptionally memorable. :)

Solution? Just admire the photos. After all Lin and I are watching our weights ;)






















































Not sure what to order? It's alright. Try PH's sampler set. :)




























Drooling yet? :)




























The little red dot :)
And may I introduce my fav dark chocolate macarons.......




























In my opinion :), the top three macarons are as follow:
1) Pierre Herme
2) Laduree
3) Ma Maison

I like PH's macarons so much that I bought the macarons recipe book...only to realize that it's in Japanese. It's also available in French. I don't speak either languages..arghh :( Thank goodness, they allowed me to return the book. I hope there will be one in English soon!

If you are in Tokyo, do visit Pierre Herme. Details as follow:
5-51-8 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
Tel: 03 5485 7766
Nearest station: Omotesando

Lin and I visited PH in Paris too. :) It's small in comparison to the Tokyo outlet. PH Paris occupies a single storey retail outlet and as such you're unable to do tea. The Tokyo outlet spans two storey. The first level is the boutique and the second level is the cafe. We like the citrus colour theme of PH Paris nonetheless. :)













Details of Pierre Herme Paris:
185, rue de Vaugirard
75015 Paris
Tel: +33 (1) 47 83 89 96

No comments:

Post a Comment