Thursday, January 14, 2010

Yong Kang Beef Noodles

Lin and I had Taiwanese beef noodles at a Circular Road eatery last week. Boy, were we disappointed... : / It's hard to find a place in Singapore that sells tasty Taiwanese beef noodles. My ex-colleague, Allina's mom makes really good beef noodles that you'll ask for another helping. Unfortunately, she's not staying here, and that means we can't have it as and when we like....and surely, we can't self-invite can we? Lol :)))

Another Taiwanese colleague, Elaine, gave me the recipe to this mean dish. I must say it's too complex for an amateur chef like myself. : O

When we visited her in Taipei, I told her I would like to have Taiwanese beef noodles for lunch. She brought us to Yong Kang Beef Noodles shop. This shop has been around since 1963. It was a superb recommendation for someone who had craved for decent beef noodles for quite some time. :) I will definitely go again when I visit Taipei.

Here are the photos. :) Please do not drool in front of your PC screen! ;)













The beef broth is thick, the beef slices are tender and the noodles are Q :)))) Happy happy happy...













I give my thumbs up for these 紅油炒手(dumplings)! :D













Do try out their delicious side dishes such as 粉蒸排骨 (pork rib rice) and tofu too! :)

Details of Yong Kang Beef Noodle:
No. 17, Lane 31, Jinshan S. Rd., Sec.2
(02) 2351 1051

No comments:

Post a Comment