Thursday, January 21, 2010

Super Duper Mini Rice Cooker

My last posting was on claypot rice. So I decided I should do a continuation of another posting on "1 pot dish". I would like to introduce our super duper mini rice cooker that my mom had gotten us before I left for London. :) As some friends might already know, Lin and I need home cooked food after a few days away from home. ;)

I was amused by the smallness of the rice cooker. It resembles cooking toys we played when we were kids. I wasn't sure what fabulous stuff could come out from from such a tiny rice cooker... lol :)))

Anyway we put it through a series of tests. We tried cooking fried rice with our mini rice cooker ;)













The lettuce from Marks and Spencer Simply Food was simply fresh. :)













We added two eggs. :)













and some prawns. :) And there we have it, fried rice from our mini rice cooker. ;)




























Lin and I decided to cook kimchi ramen in our mini rice cooker. :) This is superb for a chilly London night! :D













Yummmmm..... :)













We added prawns to our kimchi ramen too! :)




























What else did we cook with our little one?

























Egg mayo :)




























There were days where we just wanted a bowl of porridge...













Nutritious, healthy and tasty! :D













We figured one of the easiest things to cook in our mini rice cooker would be salmon and egg rice. :)













We got salmon from Waitrose, another supermarket that Lin and I frequent. :) 













Another quick, easy and healthy fix! :D













On days when we were lazy, sunny sides up and rice would do the trick. :)

Do not judge the book by its cover! lol :)))) We have been pleasantly surprised by this tiny rice cooker and will definitely be bringing it with us wherever we go! :D This is a fantastic purchase! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment