Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Peak - Scrambled Eggs, Vermicilli, Mushrooms, Onions, Carrots & Spring Onion

This dish was supposed to be my lunch. But I wasn't hungry and so I made it for dinner instead. :) It's my own version of one of the cold appetisers served in Chinese restaurants years ago. I'm naming it The Peak. *.*




























Ingredients (serves 4 - 5 pax)
1 red onion - shred
1/2 carrot - shred
4 shitake mushrooms - soak & cut into thin strips; keep the water used to soak the mushrooms (at least 1 cup)
3-4 spring onions - cut into shorter strips
1 bunch of vermicilli - cut short
4 Eggs - beaten
3 tbsp oil
Salt/soy sauce (adjust to your palatte)
Dash of pepper

Note: you may half the quantity of all the ingredients if you're serving it as an appetisier.

Method
Heat oil in frying pan
Add onion and fry till it's a little fragrant
Add the carrots
Add the cup of mushroom water, let it simmer
Add salt/soy sauce & dash of pepper
Add vermicilli
Add spring onion
Mix well and let the vermicilli soak up all the liquid
Ready to serve!

I shaped this dish with a ramkin and garnish it with Chinese celery. :) Pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment