Saturday, January 16, 2010

Goodbye Business Suits & Killer Heels

Finally took the BIG leap forward. Relieved, excited, apprehensive. That kind of sum up my feelings at the moment, having chose to leave a cushy work environment, not knowing what's going to happen next. However there is one thing that I'm certain, i.e God is in full control. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future - Jeremiah 29:11. :)

I was pleasantly surprised by the turnout of colleagues who attended a last minute farewell drink session organized by my immediate head (he was away). Thank you all who attended. And so the first round of farewell party....













Drinks at Post Bar, at the Fullerton Hotel. :) It has been such a long while since I went there.

Details of Post Bar:
The Fullerton Hotel
1 Fullerton Square
Tel: +65 6877 8135

The second round was with colleagues who have been with me all the way from the beginning. The people who made me love going to work everyday! :)













Victoria suggested dinner at Watami@Central :) Thumbs up for the recommendation! ;)

The restaurant overlooks the Singapore River. It has three private rooms. However they were all booked. I was very happy with the table we were allocated. See the pic above. :) It was tucked in a cosy corner. :)













I give an extra star for this personalized welcome message from the restaurant staff. :)













Such grand menu! : O
We left the ordering to Vic & Al :)












These Hotate Butter Yaki (buttered scallops) are soooo yummy! :D

Kushi Moriawase (assorted skewers platter)

Sashimi Deluxe for Vic, Al, Simon & Sam ;)

 
Great tasting Kaisen Cream Pizza!!! :D

Wafu Pizza :)

Troops of sushi marching in! :D
Irodori Sushi Splendour

Irodori Sushi Grandeur :)

Chicken sushi :)

Hiroshimafu Okonomiyaki :) This is a hiroshima styled pancake with sliced pork and noodles. It is topped with okonomiyaki sauce and mayonnaise.

Teppan Bou Gyoza (hotplate pork dumplings)

Charsiew ramen for Donovan only ;)



























Tori Karagae with Negi Pirikara (spicy) sauce :)



























Kani and Hotate Cream Croquette :) These need to be shared...a little heavy...












Wafu Hitokushi Steak - I love these tender beef cubes :D

Any room left for dessert? Of course! ;)



























Kurogoma Ice  (black sesame ice cream) - wow :O



























Choco Ice, sweet :)













Mango and Khigo Daifuki (mango and strawberry rice cake)



























Choco Banana Pudding :)












A pressie for me from Donovan. :) Thank yoouuuuu!!!

Watami is an excellent place for gatherings! Do give it a try! :) I'm looking forward to my next round of farewell dinner next week....it's gonna be at my fav restaurant.... :)

Details of Watami@Central:
6 Eu Tong Sen Street, The Central
#03-82/83/85/102/108/109
Tel: +65 6323 3378

No comments:

Post a Comment