Sunday, September 25, 2011

Chào Saigon

Finally, we made a trip to visit Hoa in Saigon! :) It's Lin's maiden trip to Vietnam & my second. :) Hoa took us to Wrap & Roll for our 1st meal in Ho Chi Minh. :D




















We had goi ngo sen tom thit (lotus shoot salad with shrimps & pork) & cam goi (wrapped crispy rice with sun dried squid and flavored ham). The lotus shoot salad is such a refreshing appetizer as it had a citrus tang to it.

The wrapped crispy rice with sun dried squid and flavoured ham was lovely too. It's actually burnt rice (锅巴饭). I ate the rice on its own rather than wrapping them in lettuce as it's kind of difficult to savour it without making a mess. ^.*





















A dish not to be missed has to be Banh xeo (shrimps, pork, bean sprouts & mushroom wrapped in a crispy thin crepe). It can be found easily in any eateries in HCM. This one by Wrap & Roll is yummilicous! :D We love the crispy edge of the crepe.















Pho cuon kieu nuong (steamed rice crepe rolls with pho flavored beef) is another of our fav. The rice crepe is soft and goes extremely well with the beef. :)





















I thought I was munching on sausages until Hoa told me it was clam. Hahahaha... :))) Cha ngheu cuon (grilled clam and grounded pork rolls). Oh well, it's still sausages of some sort isn't it? :) I prefer not to wrap the "sausage" in rice paper as the rice paper is a little tough to chew.














I have been longing for Pomelo juice & I think it's only available in Vietnam. But the one by Wrap & Roll was way too diluted. :( Thank goodness I've a few more days in HCM to search for a really good one. Pomelo juices, here we come! :D




























This 1st meal in HCM serves as an energy booster. Lin & I had been very busy the last few days at work. So yes, a much needed Vietnamese treat indeed! *.*

Details of Wrap & Roll:
W: www.wrap-roll.com
T: +84 08 3837 1231

No comments:

Post a Comment