Sunday, October 9, 2016

Day 1: Touch & Go in Tokyo :)




















This is a really last minute, touch & go Tokyo trip. :))) A very rare vacation where everything was unplanned. Lin flew in from San Fransisco while I flew in from Singapore. :D I had my nails painted at Nail Quick at Narita Airport while waiting for Lin to arrive. :))) Efficient eh? 

We arrived at Toyota Rent A Car at about 4.15pm. I wish they could expedite the paperwork a bit as I was a little nervous driving at nite in a foreign land. :/ We rented a car for a day to venture the outskirt of Tokyo.  But we are just going to drive to Grand Hyatt at Roppongi (our "home" for the next 2 days) before embarking on our mini adventure the next day. ;) 





























I always wanted to have a really tiny car but such desire is shot down by mom & Lin. Hence for this vacation, I wanted to try all the cute cars available. Alas, the only one available was a Toyota Vitz... :( There wasn't much option as we only rented it at the very last minute. 




























I didn't snap a pic of "our" car as I wanted to reach Grand Hyatt quickly before sunset. : O





















Reached Grand Hyatt by 6pm, left the car to the valet and ran up to Kakimoto Arms to get my hair fixed. :))) Oooo I'm starving...

Afuri (阿夫利) is still open & we are so heading there for a refreshing bowl of yuzu ramen! :D












































We ordered additional slice of grilled pork barbecued over charcoal. It was sooo good. :)))













































This Lin is such a klutz. She dropped her seaweed and was kind of upset. I'm not a big fan of seaweed and offered mine to her. I'm a good little sister. :))) 

I love the al dente texture of the ramen too. :)





























Yeah!!! we managed to share a crepe at Cafe Crepe before it closes for the day. :)


















Our time in Tokyo is very short and I'm very happy we managed to do what we wanted to in just a few hours upon arrival. 

Nails - prettily done
Hair - colored, treated & trimmed
Dinner - citrusy yuzu ramen at Afuri
Dessert - crepes at Cafe Crepe

Our faces say it all eh? :D

This mixed berries mile-feuile crepe with chocolate ice cream is huge! We polished it off nonetheless. :)))

That's about sums up our first nite in Tokyo. :) It's being a long day of traveling for the both of us and we are glad we always have a comfy place to return to...Grand Hyatt Roppongi. :) 

Good nite world & sweet dreams. :)


Details of Toyota Rent A Car:
W: https://rent.toyota.co.jp/eng/

Details of Afuri:
B1F Roppongi Hills North Tower, 6-2-31 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo
東京都港区六本木6-2-31 六本木ヒルズノースタワー B1F
T: 3-3408-1880
11:00am - 11:00pm (Open 7 days a week)
W:http://afuri.com/

Details of Cafe Crepe:
Roppongi Hills
Hillside 2F
カフェクレープ 六本木ヒルズ店
〒106-6102 東京都港区六本木6-10-2 
六本木ヒルズ ヒルサイド2F
T: 03-3497-0669
10:00am - 10:00pm
W:http://www.cafe-crepe.co.jp/

No comments:

Post a Comment