Thursday, December 9, 2010

爱面吧 (Ai Mien Bar)

I'm under the weather today. Woke up with an ultra bad throat & runny nose. Nonetheless, I still gotta crawl all the way (well I drove) to meet TG, Alex, Yvonne & Lin for lunch. I've not seen TG & Alex for a long while. Wasn't sure if I wanna lug the heavy camera along. But it's a new noodle place. The thought of not going there again if the food was below average made me drag the camera into my miu miu. Lol. :)))

I like the high ceiling of the restaurant, just wasn't too sure about the coloured lighted balls. I didn't really like the 3 or 4 folded paper menu. It made me raised my brows. Oops. :))) Ai Mien's website needs some fine tuning too. Lin said I'm very critical today. I think it's the bug... *.*














Everyone liked the deep fried silver bait. :) It's crispy & tasty. We had two servings! The tofu was average. Alex & Yvonne found the tofu cubes a tad spicy.





















I tried Ai Mien's signature creation which consisted of four varieties of noodles, each offering a taste of a geographical location in China. :)




























I was told by Lin to eat the noodles in the following order: Cold green noodles with shrimps, beef noodles, wanton noodles & minced pork noodles. They weren't too bad but it reminded me of SQ's business class's meals somehow.












Yvonne had Beijing Jiang Mien while Alex had fried noodles with shrimps. Yvonne found her noodles pretty light & good. :) Alex didn't enjoyed his though. His noodles was almost untouched.





















TG & Lin had sliced fish with century eggs congee. I tried a little too. Thumbs up for it! The congee was smooth & flavourful, and most importantly, the sliced fish were fresh. :) We'll be coming back here again, not for Ai Mien's noodles but congee.




























Ai Mien serves delightful desserts. We love the soft cake and avocado purée with ice-cream, aloe vera and walnuts. :) Will come back for more!





















Details of 爱面吧 (Ai Mien Bar):
168 robinson road #01-08 Capital Tower 
T: +65 6592 5296  
W:  http://www.aimienbar.com.sg/

No comments:

Post a Comment