Saturday, August 27, 2011

In the Mood for Mooncake Baking
















Mid-autumn is drawing near! :) Every bakery, confectionary, patisserie & restaurant has started promoting & selling mooncakes. Though they are easily available, Lin, Wendy, Tina, Pauline & I decided to get our hands dirty. We signed up for mooncake baking lesson with pastry chef Allison Hoon of mypastri.es. We had a fun filled moonie afternoon. :D

Some of the things I spotted at mypastri.es. ^.* Yup yup I spotted it. Did you? Le Cordon Bleu...woohoo... :)

Alright stop monkeying around & back to lesson! :) Allison had gotten everything ready for us. :)



























We just had to get down to work...we mixed, we kneaded, we did this & we did that...




Allison's a fabulous instructor. She acceded to my special requests and answered all my silly questions... :)












The best part of the session was shaping our mooncakes...

I didn't want to use the mooncake molds to make traditional looking ones nor piggy mooncakes. I wanna create panda moonies for Lin because she loves them! So here we have it. ^.*





















We waited in anticipation for the final products! :D

















I love my panda moonies!!!! They are way too cute! I opted for coffee & chocolate pearls fillings for my panda mooncakes. :D I can't comment on the taste as I can't bear to eat them just yet...you understand don't you? :)



















The lesson includes making snowskin mooncakes. Which do you prefer? Baked or snowskin? :)




























Details of mypastri.es by Pastry Chef Allison Hoon:
w: http://www.mypastri.es
T: +65 9295 9079

No comments:

Post a Comment