Monday, May 22, 2017

Day 1: Back in London...:D




















It feels surreal to be back in London after 8 years. :) Due to some hiccups I had to extend my stay in London. This affected my hotel bookings and after scrambling I get to try 2 different hotels this time round. :D For the first 4 days, The Laslett on Notting Hill will be my home! :) The weather in London is perfect! Hello blue skies! :)




























5 beautiful Victoria townhouses made The Laslett. :)




















How can you not love the black and white tiles? :)





























































I love travelling but not flying...:)))


















































Finally my room. Yes London can be this sunny! :))) 


























































I have time to freshen up before meeting the rest of the delegate for dinner! Much needed. Not taking any people pics today cos we look crappy after a long haul flight. :)




















The walk to Hilton London Kensington to meet the rest was a pretty fun one as I took in the sights along the way. :) Some me time is always good! :D Jude took us to Busaba Eathai at Westfield for dinner. There are 20 of us by the way. :))) I don't know anyone except Jude and Michelle. Well, time to make new friends. :) I'm a sociable introvert. Does that make sense? :)))




















Busaba Eathai serves casual modern Thai cuisine. :)




























I want something comforting. Tom Yam Goong it is for me. :) The service was so slow and everyone was getting erm restless. The server dished out prawn crackers with sweet chilli sauce to soothe rumbling tummies....*.*




















And after what seemed to be a 45mins wait....my tom yam goong. :)

































I ordred this bamboo thingy too. Able to guess what's in it? :)




















Jang jang....jamine rice! :D




















Details of The Laslett:
8 Pembridge Gardens, London W2 4DU, UK
T: +44 20 7792 6688
W: http://www.living-rooms.co.uk/hotel/the-laslett

Details of Busaba Eathai:
Southern Terrace, Westfield Shepards Bush, Ariel Way, London W12 7GA, United Kingdom
T: +44 20 3249 1919
W: www.busaba.com
Operating hours: 12-11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment