Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Day 2: Flower POW-WOW In London! :D




















Hur hur hur... it's not a holiday....I need to be at Hilton Kensington by 8am today. My inner self kept telling me I need 15 mins to walk from The Laslett to Hilton, 15 mins to grab a bite from Pret A Manager which is just across The Laslett. 15 mins to grab a bite??? That includes choosing what I want to eat, queue, wait for my toastie to be heated up, wait for my hot honey, take pics of my breakfast....Ready get set go! :)))





























So simple but so so good. :D





















Last snap of Pret A Manger (badly taken) and I gotta walk run to Hilton to meet the rest. *.*  Morning exercise is good for me!























Our first stop of the day was New Covent Garden Market. :) I'm awed by how neat this place is. It covers a site of 57 acres and is the largest fruit, vegetable and flower market in the United Kingdom. I hope someday we will have a flower market similar to this is Singapore. 





























You can't miss this gentleman at Dennis Edwards. :)



























The suppliers here take effort to treat their flowers and arrange them very very neatly. This is something lacking in Singapore. In Singapore, it's already very good if the suppliers place the flowers in buckets of water.


































































































We are gonna see, eat and breathe flowers for the next few days! :D The next stop took us to Battersea Park. :) 





















Take time to smell the roses! :)








































































We took a little break at Pear Tree Cafe. 



















































I settled for cold pressed juice. It feels good to be close to nature. :D




























































































We should have walked quite a distance by now. May is a perfect time to visit UK. The weather is beautiful and lots of flowers are blooming. Strolling has never been this pleasurable. :D 




















































Outside our lunch venue sits a pretty flower shop, literally by the road. :)




























This shop has an impressive selection of flowers. 


















































Lunch was at Phat Phuc Noodle Bar, just below the flower shop and within a quaint courtyard. :)
















































I find the food average but I like it's quaint location. :)


































The organizer pre-ordered the food for us. I'm not into raw veg roll but I thought it was impolite to decline. 





















The serving of beef pho is very generous! *.* I don't think I have ever had such huge serving of beef pho in Vietnam or Singapore....

































A little furry one at the noodle bar. :)





























A little retail therapy to help us sleepy heads. :)))











































What a shame I couldn't get a reservation at The Ivy Chelsea Garden. Oh well, better luck next time. :)






















The highlight of this London trip is to be inspired by the amazing floral installations at every shop and possible spots! :D We were so lucky to bump into Ruth from All for Love London. Love her passion for her designs as she and her mom shared with us the inspiration behind her floral works. This is one of her masterpieces and there are a couple more in Sloane Square. :D We'll "hunt" for this elephant! ;)












































If you think there's nothing going on in Sloane Square, then look again! :D




































Floral Safari - Chelsea in Bloom is the theme for this year's Chelsea flower show. 







































Remember the elephant's sketch earlier on? Here it is, right in the centre of Sloane Square. :)







































This alligator is very well executed too! :)



































































































































































































Shakira and I checked out Moyses Stevens. :) This florist has been around since 1876!!! *.*



















































We were drawn into Bread Ahead by all the cute animal breads they placed at the entrance. :))) Besides, Shakira needs her cuppa. :D


































































Now I must introduce Natoora to you! It's such a beautiful grocery store with an amazing selection of handpicked fruits and vegetables. The both of us were wowing away. :)))
























































































I have my own dinner plans and didn't join the rest of the gals. :D I'm meeting Jessica! Jessica and I worked for the same company but at different times. She found me on Instagram and touched base with me when she visited Singapore! :))) The power of social media. Lol!





























I'm pretty excited to take Jessica to Burger & Lobster. She hasn't been here too! 


































Cheers to meeting up again! :)




























Since it's our first time here, we opted Original Lobster and Original roll. :)




















It came with lemon garlic butter. :)




















The original roll was sooo good! :D



























We couldn't stay out too late as Jessica's parents happened to be in town this week too. It was really good to catch up with her nonetheless. :) It was quality time well spent! :D

I don't what got into my head...I decided to walked from Knightsbridge to Notting hill, cutting through Hyde Park. *.* Brain was stuffed I guessed. :))) But see what I spotted during my walk! :))) Today has been a really long one. I'm so ready to hit the bed! zzzzzzzz...



































Details of Pret A Manger:
65 Notting Hill Gate, Kensington, London W11 3JS, UK
T: +44 20 7932 5320
Operating hours: 6.30am - 10pm
W: https://www.pret.co.uk/en-gb

Details of Pear Tree Cafe:
Battersea Park Lakeside Cafe
London SW114NJ
United Kingdom
T: +44 20 7978 1655
Operating hours: 8am - 6pm
W: https://www.peartreecafe.co.uk/

Details of Phat Phuc Noodle Bar:
The Courtyard, 151 Sydney St, Chelsea, London SW3 6NT, UK
T: +44 20 7351 3843
Operating hours: 11am - 6pm
W: phatphucnoodlebar.co.uk

Details of Burger & Lobster:
Harvey Nichols
L5
109-125 Knightsbridge, Belgravia, 
London SW1X 7RJ, UK
T: +44 20 7201 8676
Operating hours: 12 -10.30pm
W: https://www.burgerandlobster.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment