Friday, December 28, 2012

Pauline, the Birthday Star! :)

This year, Lin & I wanted to give Pauline something special for her b'day. The poor lady has been swamped with work & we wanted very much to give her some energy booster! :D
 
I tried looking for the smallest b'day cake possible and a Cedele Chocolate Truffle Cake was my final pick. It was the smallest of all whole cakes being displayed in the cake chiller. :))) Ooo it was rich.......
 
Btw, there wasn't any decor on the cake except the Happy Birthday tag provided by Cedele. I used the mistletoe from Bakerzin's log cake (given by Pauline on Christmas eve) and stuck it into the cake. :)))
 


The birthday lady suggested having Teochew porridge. After a week long of Christmas feasting, Teochew porridge is the kindest on our stomaches. :) So here's our spread.
 
It's not a duckie day. I ran three places just to get braised duck. *.* All the braised duck stalls which we like were closed today???
 
The fish was fried by Lidia. :)
 
Mom did the preserved turnip eggs and Lidia stir-fried green marrow (one of my fav veg).
 
The condiments which go well with plain porridge. :)
 
Bugger... I forgot to take a pic of the bowl of comforting plain porridge....pardon me as our dinner was close to 9pm... *.*
 
 
 
 
To Pauline, with a friend like you who/who's:
1) fun & funny
2) loving
3) rolling eyes at my "creativity"
4) supportive of my work to the extent of carrying buckets of water for my floral arrangements N times from point A to point B,C,D...
5) pampering me with stuff I like (such as macarons)
6) goes breakfast, lunch, tea & dinner, movies etc with me & hangs out at our place 
7) ever patient with my pic taking even when it means she gotta pose a really long time
9) never loses temper at me
10) loves Koka
 
Blessed B'day! :) You're a star! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment