Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 3: Cherries Picking! :D

I think this has gotta be the highlight of day 3, cherries picking! :D Lin had initially planned to harvest potatoes which Beanie and I didn't want. :)))

We needed to get onto a little truck and up a bumpy road to reach the cherry trees. ^.^

















Yippee! Lots of cherries for us to pick. Everyone had their fill. I was too busy taking pics, so Beanie ate on my behalf! Lol! :D



















Beanie was popping cherries all the way... ;)




























Mom was estactic too! ;)





















I bruised my fingers while moving the ladders ... : O All for the sake of pics... lol! :)))














We were surprised to find a plum tree. The one and only plum tree among the cherry trees! :D



















Everyone was stuffed with cherries & plums by the end of the cherry picking session. :D How satisfying! ^.^

2 comments:

  1. Hello there and warmest regards from Sydney, Can you share with me the details of this Cherry Farm?

    BTW I found you blog by chance and its truly helping me plan a wonderful trip to Hokkaido.

    Thanks so much.

    cheers
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maggie. :) This cherry farm was recommended by Furano Fresh Powder. I can't remember the address. Simply ask the boutique apartment/hotel you are staying and they would be able to recommend one to you. In fact we saw alot of cherry farms during our drive to all the destinations. You can't miss them as there're banners/flags with pictures of cherries on them along the road. :)
      Have an awesome time in Hokkaido!

      Delete