Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 6: Kyoto Imperial Palace

I couldn't appreciate Kyoto while we were there. The heat made me miserable :( I think it was 38 degree celcius that day. It zapped up all my energy in less than an hour...I had to drag my feet to follow up with everyone else. I didn't know what I was snapping either cos the sun rays made it difficult to see what was on my camera's screen...

But while I was editing day 6's pics today in the comfort of our home, my oh my was I surprised by what I had taken...Kyoto is amazingly charming... :O

Our first destination in Kyoto was the Imperial Palace. Lin had applied for our entry permit in May. :) We accessed the Imperial Palace through the Imperial Palace Park.



















And spotted a cheery inu... :)

Security was rather tight. Our passports had to be checked.

















We were given a guided tour of the palace. There were probably 50 tourists per tour. :)





















I like the occasional dashes of red roofs... :)

It was an extremely hot morning. We were armed with umbrellas, shades, caps, fans and on constant lookout for shady areas to take cover. Lol! :)))














Looking at greenies to keep cooooooooooooooooool....but I was melting....



















I had to master whatever energy I had to take a pretty pic with Xueyi at the Imperial Palace Garden. :D "It's cool, it's cool, it's cool......"

















Details of Kyoto Imperial Palace:
W: http://www.kunaicho.go.jp/eindex.html

No comments:

Post a Comment